I’d wanted to post this on Monday, but my engineering mind often forces me into chronological slavery, i.e. I had to write about my Christmas baking before I wrote about this. The occasion is worth celebrating nonetheless.
On Monday, my dear husband and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary. While that may not seem like a lot to more seasoned married couples, we’ve accomplished and experienced a lot in that short time!
In the past two years, we’ve:
– Celebrated two graduations (James’s from undergrad, mine with my Master’s)
– Had our honeymoon apartment together (~540 sq. ft. – talk about a cozy nest!)
– Traveled to Jamaica, Poland, Seattle, New Mexico, and Atlanta (not to mention various locations around the state)
– Bought a house (moving into which was an absolute SHOCK after our aforementioned teeny apartment)
– Witnessed six other lovely couples get married
– Volunteered together, prayed together, mourned together, cried together
– Created this one-of-a-kind charmer:
And grown in admiration, respect, and love for each other.
If we’ve done all this – with God’s help – in the past two years, there’s no telling what the next 2, 5, 10, 25, 50 years will bring. Here’s to all of them.
Happy (belated) anniversary, Kubuś. Kocham cię!